Re: Issues with S/MIME Message Specification

1999-05-18 13:13:57
At 12:34 PM 5/18/99 -0600, Robert R. Jueneman wrote:
I sincerely regret not having had sufficient time to review the S/MIME v3
specs in detail during last call and prior to their moving to Proposed
Standard, but I believe that there are several changes that absolutely
must be made before they can progress to final Standard.

The issues you bring up here were not changed in the last call drafts. The location of the requirements for algorithms has been the same for over a year. I believe that it is inappropriate for you to object to the RFC Editor at this very late date.

The step after they become Proposed Standards is to possibly become Draft Standards, not "final Standard". There will be plenty of time to discuss your issues in the Working Group in the interim.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium