CAs that support subjectAltName

1999-06-30 18:53:54
We're doing some experimenting with certificates that
contain subjectAltName=RFC822=.....

Outlook98 will not allow a signed  S/MIME message to be sent if the
e-mail address doesn't match either the "E=" or
"RFC822=" attribute in a certificate, but the RFC822 form
does seem to work, at least on outgoing messages.

Other than hand-crafting one, Petra Gloeckner's certificate,
issued by "Research" is the only example I have of such
a certificate.

Does anyone know of a public CA that can issue
such certificates, so we can do further interoperability testing?

Bob

Robert R. Jueneman
Security Architect
Network Security Development