Re: Working Group Last Call:draft-ietf-smime-certdist-04.txt

1999-11-12 14:57:03
Folks:

I would like to see the PKIX standard userCertificate attribute used for
S/MIME certificates. Supporting that, I would like to see several items
in David Chadwick's recent drafts supported:

        certificate matching rules
        returned matched value service control
        multiple attributes for RDNs

As I understand it, Microsoft has a requirement for an additional
attribute which would be signed and include pairs of certificates and
capabilities.

If the group agrees that this additional attribute is required, I think
that the draft should include a complete definition of the attribute in
directory speak. Maybe the current draft is understandable to the
members of this list, but I don't understand it from a directory point
of view.

Regards,
Ella