RE: draft-ietf-smime-cast-128-00.txt

1999-11-16 12:53:10
Carlisle:

I do not have any problem with the progression as it is, but I would not like to forward an document to the IESG with any known errors. Let's see what else comes out during working group last call....

Russ

At 11:26 AM 11/16/99 -0500, Carlisle Adams wrote:

Hi Russ,
---------- From: Russ Housley[SMTP:housley(_at_)spyrus(_dot_)com] Sent: Friday, November 12, 1999 4:11 PM To: cadams(_at_)entrust(_dot_)com Cc: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org Subject:
> draft-ietf-smime-cast-128-00.txt

The document is presently called: "Use of the CAST-128 Encryption Algorithm in S/MIME." I would like to see it renamed to: "Use of the CAST-128 Encryption Algorithm in CMS." Basically, other applications that use CMS should be able to make use of CAST-128.

Good point.  I have no problem with this modification.

Does this actually require a new draft, or can we just pass this name-change instruction along to the IESG and RFC editor after the working group Last Call has completed?

Carlisle.