Comments on draft-ietf-smime-ecc-00

1999-11-18 11:56:23
1.  Please use the correct MUST/SHOULD conventions.

2.  Section 2, para 1:  Can we change the should not to MUST NOT to be
uniform with DSA and not deal with parameters in multiple places?

3.  Section 2.1, para 2 - Note this is a must not and is not consistent with
section 2 para 1 (see comment 2)

4.  Section 3 step 1.  Please use CEK not K for the content encryption key.

5.  Section 3, step 2c:  I have not looked at the EC algorithm, but I assume
that the shared secret is not actually computed using the two public keys as
it would not be very secret.

6.  Section 3, step 3d:  Using a KDF of SHA-1 is bad.  This leaves the
encryption algorithm open for attack especially if the key sizes can change.
Please look at the use of OtherKeyInfo in RFC 2631.