RE: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-small-subgroup-02.txt

1999-12-02 10:51:18
RE: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-small-subgroup-02.t
xtRobert,

I understand what it was pointing to.  My suggestion was simply to change
the reference tag itself, not the reference.  Referencing RFC 2631 by
[x942] is misleading since the former is only a profiled approximation of
the latter.

Regards,

-John

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Robert Zuccherato
[mailto:robert(_dot_)zuccherato(_at_)entrust(_dot_)com]
  Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 9:02 AM
  To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org; 'John C. Kennedy'
  Subject: RE: Working Group Last Call:
draft-ietf-smime-small-subgroup-02.t xt

  John;

  Actually, the [x942] reference points to:

  [x942] E. Rescorla, "Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Method",
draft-ietf-smime-x942-0X.txt, work in progress.

  Which was the Internet Draft for RFC 2631, not the X9.42 draft.  All of
the references are being updated to point to the appropriate RFCs.

          Robert.