Re: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-compression-00.txt

2000-03-31 00:45:21
I agree with Jim.  Let's do it.

spt

Jim Schaad wrote:

My personal opinion is that we have given the MIME people a lot of time to
work on this issue.  They have not gotten anyplace that I am aware of so I
think that we need to do it.  If we end up with two ways of doing this then
the S/MIME draft could always say what is to be used for that application.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of Peter
Gutmann
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 3:15 PM
To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-compression-00.txt

Does anyone have any further thoughts on compression as a CMS content type
vs a MIME type?  I think this was more or less beaten to death (and
beyond :-) the last time it came up, but if anyone has any further thoughts
please post them.

(The password issues are being worked on offline, I'll post an update in a
 day or two).

Peter.