RE: Certs-only Mechanism for X.400 Transport

2001-02-28 07:02:21
I was not part of the S/MIME v2 discussions that lead to the current format. I have asked Blake to chime in, and I hope that he does. The scenario of interest is a CA returning a certificate in response to the PKCS#10 request. Here, the CA could choose to include the current CRLs in the "cert-only" message. This would seed the newly-enrolled user's CRL cache.

I am not aware of any CA pushing CRLs to their subscribers in an S/MIME message. It could certainly be done....

Russ