RE: Certs-only Mechanism for X.400 Transport

2001-03-01 02:05:41
Blake,

I have no problem with pushing CRLs through a CMS message. I have a problem
with the text "certificates-only Message" because it is misleading. I
believe the text in 3.6 should refer to a certificate management message.

3.6 Creating a Certificate Management Message

   The certificate management message or MIME entity is used to transport
   certificates and/or CRLs, such as in response to a registration request.

   Step 1. The certificates and/or CRLs are made available to the CMS
generating
   process which creates a CMS object of type signedData. The signedData
   encapContentInfo eContent field MUST be absent and signerInfos field
   MUST be empty.

   Step 2. The CMS signedData object is enclosed in an
   application/pkcs7-mime MIME entity

   The smime-type parameter for a certificate management message is
"cert-management".
   The file extension for this type of message is ".p7c".

Bill.