RE: Mandatory to Implement Algorithms

2001-03-22 13:56:41
Wow, and I wasn't even there.  Sweet!

I will update the drafts and have new ones posted soon.

From: Russ Housley [mailto:rhousley(_at_)rsasecurity(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 12:00 PM
To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Mandatory to Implement Algorithms

Dear Working Group:

At the face-to-face S/MIME WG meeting yesterday, we came to consensus on a
new set of mandatory to implement algorithms.  The people present
overwhelmingly agreed on the following:

        Encryption:     Triple-DES

        Key Mgmt:       RSA (using PKCS #1 v1.5)

        Msg Digest:     SHA-1

        Signature:      DSA and RSA  (using PKCS #1 v1.5)

On signature, we will require that implementations are able to verify
signatures on certificates and messages using both algorithms; however,
implementations are required to generates signatures on messages using at
least one of the signature algorithms.