Re: Revised section 2.5 of draft-ietf-smime-x400transport-01

2001-04-18 14:45:00
Russ,

    I concur with your comments.  More detailed responses in line.

Chris

_________________________

Russ Housley wrote:

It took me two or three readings to understand this "table."  Please
replace "Security" with "CMS protection content type."

Okay.

     cert-management  id-eit-certManagement
     SignedData       none

Instead of "none," I personally prefer "empty (zero length content)."

Okay, I think this is your phrasing is less ambiguous.

In order that consistency can be obtained with future, the
following guidelines should be followed when assigning a new
values of EIT.

I do not understand the introductory phrase.  Is there a word missing?

Actually, I stole that bit of text from 3.2.2. of MSG.  I guess I would
propose the following to replace that sentence in this context.

     In order that consistency can be obtained in future S/MIME EIT
     assignments, the following guidelines should be followed when
     assigning a new values of EIT.

I think that is what was meant by the original text.

Chris