RE: Password, compresion and symmetric keys -- are they CMS or S/ MIME ?

2001-07-21 09:43:38

OK, teeth boy, you made me actually think.

draft-ietf-smime-password-04:

The title in the announcement message was "Password-based Encryption for
S/MIME", which is indeed corrected in the actual document.

Section 1, the sentence:

"This document describes a password-based content encryption mechanism
for S/MIME."

S/MIME should be CMS.

draft-ietf-smime-compression-05:

The title in the announcement message was "Compressed Data Content Type for
S/MIME", which is indeed corrected in the actual document.

Section 1, the sentence:

"This document describes a compressed data content type for S/MIME."

S/MIME should be CMS.

In the case of symkeydist, I still don't know if that was intended for
general CMS or S/MIME, so I will defer to the author of that document for
guidance, but there are indeed references to S/MIME.