RE: Compression Content Type and RFC2630bis

2001-09-19 11:20:21

Russ,

I would prefer that this stay a separate draft.  Although I can see
benefits to including it, it does not cover the same topic as the CMS
draft - that is security - so I don't believe that it belongs together.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Housley,
Russ
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 8:02 AM
To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Compression Content Type and RFC2630bis

Dear S/MIME WG:

It has been suggested that since many of the other extensions
to the CMS
have been incorporated into RFC2630bis, and that the
compression content
type should be incorporated as well.  How does the working
group feel about
this suggestion?  Please let me know soon since this document
is in WG Last
Call.