Re(2): MIXER Impact on CMS-X400

2002-02-05 08:27:48

Chris,

It seems we agree about almost everything except discussing compatability with
STANAG 4406 PCT. I'm surprised by your response on this, since I had assumed
that such compatability was an unstated goal of your drafts. If compatability
is accidental, it is fortuitous! But even so, I don't really see why you don't
want to acknowledge it. Whether or not IETF is mightier than NATO is
irrelevant. NATO published three years ago, and there are now implementations
of PCT in the market. Therefore, you should be discussing compatability with
existing product implementations.

Detailed comments embedded below.

Jim

Hi Jim,

  I'm glad to have your input on this.  Some responses are embedded
below.

Chris

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:11:36 +0000, Jim Craigie