Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-00.txt

2002-02-12 14:00:25

Francois:

The document describes how to use the NIST AES Key Wrap algorithm to encrypt an HMAC key. The NIST algorithm requires an input that is a multiple of 64-bits. The document describes the mechanism to pad the HMAC key prior to encryption and remove the pad after decryption.

Russ

At 02:55 PM 2/12/2002 -0500,