RE: Order of signing and compression operations.

2002-02-26 12:17:12

Tony:

You are correct. I assumed lossless compression.

Russ

At 01:57 PM 2/26/2002 -0500, Tony Capel wrote:
Terry

Of course, this assumes the use of lossless compression, and zlib as
proposed by Peter as the mandatory-to-implement algorithm in the
compression proposal satisfies that.

However in the future, and for some applications, one might wonder if a
lossy compressor might be favoured (e.g. JPEG if you are signing images
emitted by a surveillance camera).

In this case of course, it must be: compress then sign

Tony Capel,
Comgate Engineering Ltd.

Russ