RE: Charter Update

2002-04-22 08:11:28
Having not attended the Minneapolis meeting I must say that
I was very
surprised by your recommendation to drop OAEP as the MUST
implement key
transport mechanism with AES in favour of KEM.

This was done to death on the list a few months back.  The
consensus seemed to
be that there was little support for OAEP, and a fair bit of
opposition to
tying it to AES (see the list archives for the exact details
and rationale).

But, it there is little support for OAEP, why replace it with a newer
mechanism that has even less of an installed base?  It seems to me that
there are fewer reasons for using KEM than there are for using OAEP.

        Robert.