Re: Compatibility between S/MIME v2 & v3 signatures

2002-06-04 05:35:03

Gwangsoo:

RFC 2315 only supports PKCS#1 v1.5 RSA signatures. RFC 2630 and rfc2630bis support any signature algorithm. So, the more correct backward compatibility statement is: RFC 2630 is backwards compatible with RFC 2315 when PKCS#1 v1.5 RSA signatures are used.

Russ