Re: RFC 2632bis: Using Distinguished Names for Internet Mail

2002-08-29 19:43:55

----- Original Message -----
From: "David P. Kemp" <dpkemp(_at_)missi(_dot_)ncsc(_dot_)mil>
To: <ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 3:25 PM
Subject: RFC 2632bis: Using Distinguished Names for Internet Mail

However, in communications with our PKI development organization,
one large user agent developer has quoted other sentences from
RFC 2632 out of context to claim that V3 user agents must refuse
to accept certificates that do not contain rfc822 addresses.
In order to avoid such misinterpretation,  RFC 2632bis could use
a little explicit, though perhaps redundant, clarification.

I will review these changes.  Since I am firmly of the belief that there exist
useful certificates in the universe without an email address in them, I'm all
for it ;).