Re: Multipart non-clearsigned messages possible?

2002-09-10 21:22:13
While the protocol support the signing of arbitrary MIME objects, it would be quite difficult to write a mail client user interface that allows the user to select a subset of the message to be covered by the signature.  So, in practice, we have seen sign-it/do-not-sign-it as the user interface.

That said, I think that it is very likely that application-to-application communications will be developed that encrypt and sign selected portions of a larger data transfer.  I think this is likely because there is not a user interface issue.

Russ