Re: delegation attribute within a signed message

2002-10-25 07:11:41

Malek,

I have presented some slides on that topic at the IETF meeting in Salt Lake
City in December 2001. The presentation is called "Signature delegation".

The main idea is to use an Attribute Certificate. Since Attribute Certificates may incorporated in a CMS structure (see RFC 3126),
then no addition to the signature format is necessary.

In such a case, there would be two documents to produce:

1) a profile for an Attribute Certificate usable for delegation,
   (a PKIW work item),

2) a document saying how such an Attribute Cetificate is verified when
   present in the CMS structure defined in RFC 3126, (an S-MIME work item).

Hence why I am posting this document to the S-MIME working group too.

Denis