Multiple symmetric algo-encrypted data in single S/MIME message

2003-01-21 23:02:28

Hi

My organisation users need to communicate with 2 groups of users, on different
S/MIME secure mail systems.  The problem lies in them using different symmetric
algorithms for data encryption.  I am assessing possibility of building a
single mail client to compose and send S/MIME messages to selected users on
both nets, at the same time (i.e. at one sending operation).  This means that
there would logically be 2 sets of encrypted blobs in the S/MIME message sent
out, but I am not sure if this is supported in S/MIME format.

The easy way out of course is to send out the same mails twice separately, to
users of each group, as what we are doing now.  This however is neither
efficient nor elegant.

Any suggestion/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan Koh

With Yahoo! Mail you can get a bigger mailbox -- choose a size that fits your
needs