SMIME and disclaimers

2003-02-17 09:24:45

All,

I don't imagine for a moment that we're the only ones looking at this issue.

Discounting whether disclaimers carry any worthwhile legal weight, technically
is it feasible to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMIME messages at the outgoing
server without breaking the signature ? The multipart nature of MIME suggests
that it is at least plausible to place the disclaimer in its own MIME boundary
such that it doesn't interfere with signed portions in the parts of the message
that originate at the client.

Opinions appreciated.

Chris

Royal Mail is a trading name of Royal Mail Group plc. Registered in England and
Wales.
Registered number 4138203. Registered office at 148 Old Street, LONDON EC1V 9HQ

This  email  and  any  attachments  are confidential and intended for the
addressee
only.   If  you are not the named recipient, you must not use, disclose,
reproduce,
copy  or  distribute the contents of this communication.  If you have received
this
in error, please contact the sender and then delete this email from your system.