New I-D draft-ietf-smime-x400transport-07 Just Posted

2003-05-12 10:31:08

I have just reposted the x400transport draft incorporating corrections
to the errata noted by Arun Pandey.  I don't know how I managed to
create the bug in 2.2.1, but I was able to recover some once-upon-a-time
text from about a year ago that I think addresses the issue.  The other
concern that Arun pointed out was a simple typo, but with potential
interoperability ramifications.

This issue of the draft also rolls back the names of the smime-type and
EIT values from "certificate management" to "certs-only".  This is to
align with rfc2633bis and rfc2632bis which have decided to stick with
certs-only to avoid confusion in backward compatibility.  Strictly, we
could have stuck with an EIT called certificate management since there
is no backward compatibility impact to that.  However, I think that
would have had a high confusion quotient so I rolled the whole thing
back.

Btw, the -06 issue of x400transport (which I neglected to introduce when
it came out) added the smime-type and EIT for the compressed-data
content type as per April's discussion on the WG list.

The x400wrap draft was updated to issue -06 merely to refresh it in the
I-D repository.  I don't plan to reissue an -07 of this unless there is
a problem noted.

Chris