RE: Status of the examples draft

From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Paul
Hoffman / IMC
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 8:44 AM
To: ietf-smime-examples(_at_)imc(_dot_)org; ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Status of the examples draft

Hi again. The -11 draft has the following changes:

The comments that I posted regarding the -10 draft stand for the -11
draft, and I have included them below for completeness.

The only thing that I've had trouble with so far is 5.6.bin appears to
have changed the order of the SignerInfos.  I don't believe that this
change is relevant, so I don't think there needs to be any modification
of the draft.

The files I have worked with:

5.1.bin -- Identified as a CMS SignedData with signatures and content,
checked certificates were present, matched content to ExContent.bin,
verified one signer

5.2.bin -- Checked certificates were present, matched content to
ExContent.bin, verified one signer

5.3.bin -- Identified as a CMS SignedData with signatures and no
content, checked certificates were present, verified one signer against
external content in ExContent.bin

5.4.bin -- Extracted signing time attribute, checked certificates were
present, checked CRLs were present, matched content to ExContent.bin,
verified one signer

5.5.bin -- Checked certificates were present, matched content to
ExContent.bin, verified one signer

5.6.bin -- Checked certificates were present, matched content to
ExContent.bin, verified two signers

5.7.bin -- Checked certificates were present, matched content to
ExContent.bin, verified one signer

5.8.eml -- Parsed content with MIME parser, matched extracted text
content from text part to ExContent.bin, checked certificates were
present, verified one signer against first part of message, identified
as a CMS SignedData with signatures and no content

5.9.eml -- Parsed content with MIME parser, matched extracted text
content from text part to ExContent.bin, checked certificates were
present, verified one signer, identified as a CMS SignedData with
signatures and content

5.10.bin -- Matched content to ExContent.bin, verified one signer

5.11.bin -- Identified as a CMS SignedData with no signatures and no
content, checked certificates were present

6.2.bin -- Decrypted message, matched content to ExContent.bin,
identified as a CMS EnvelopedData

6.3.bin -- Decrypted message, matched content to ExContent.bin

7.0.bin -- Verified hash, matched content to ExContent.bin

8.1.bin -- Decrypted data with given key, matched content to
ExContent.bin

I also worked with the following certificates and private keys:

AliceDSSSignByCarlNoInherit.cer
AlicePrivRSASign.pri
AliceRSASignByCarl.cer
BobPrivRSAEncrypt.pri