RE: Draft-11Parital Results

From: Jim Schaad [mailto:jimsch(_at_)nwlink(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 7:19 AM
To: Ietf-Smime-Examples; ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org;
phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Cc: Sean P. Turner; Blake Ramsdell; Russ Housley
Subject: Draft-11Parital Results

5.9  failed
      Commentary text states that the body part is the same as 5.1 -
this is not correct as the signature values and exContent are
different
(content is actually "\0xd\0xaThis is some sample content."

This is something we discussed a bit ago -- the problem is that
ExContent.bin is not valid MIME data.  The compromise we reached was
that a CRLF would be inserted at the beginning, which would make it
valid MIME data (implicit text/plain).  When the MIME wrapping is
removed, it results in ExContent.bin.