RE: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-rfc2632bis-05.txt

From: Jim Schaad [mailto:jimsch(_at_)nwlink(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 1:29 PM
To: 'Blake Ramsdell'
Cc: Ietf-Smime
Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-rfc2632bis-05.txt

1.  Section 2.2.1:  In the following text,  I have a problem
with "PKIX" as
oppose to X.509 Identity Certificates, esp as PKIX now has a
definition for
ACs.

Switched to PKIX.

2.  Section 2.2.1, p 3: s/suerceded/superseded/ --- I didn't
believe it but
I looked it up.

Fixed.

3.  Section 2.3:  The following statements don't agree:

Receiving agents MUST be able to handle an arbitrary number of
certificates of arbitrary relationship to the message sender and to
each other in arbitrary order.

A receiving agent
SHOULD be able to handle an arbitrarily large number of certificates
and chains.

Switched to MUST.

5. Section 3:  Please define the type of field for
pkcs-9-at-emailAddress.
(I think it's IA5 string but can't swear to it off the top of
my head.)

It is indeed IA5String. Added:

Note that this attribute MUST be encoded as IA5String.

6.  Section 5: s/noticable/noticeable/

Fixed.

7.  Section 5: s/message,if/message, if/

Fixed.