multi-domain PKI unofficial BoF

2004-07-30 06:23:00

All,

# Sorry for any cross-postings.

I am going to hold a unofficial BoF for Best Current Practice (BCP) of
multi-domain
PKI in the 60th IETF meeting at San Diego.

Date/Time and Room are not decided yet, but it will be held at Aug 4 or
5. If you have interest in this issue, please check your mailing list and
board at IETF reception. I will announce additional information there.

Purpose of this BoF is to make a consensus of the following:
* What is the multi-domain PKI?
* What is the problem in multi-domain PKI?
* Shall we solve this problem?

different architectures and different policies.
So when some PKIs assemble, it will bring some problems.
Assembling the PKIs is hard problem because it may require full understanding
of not only PKI but LDAP and so on.
Therefore, I think that we should show some technical idea about assembling
PKIs.

My opinion for this theme is described in my following personal I-D:
    http://www.jnsa.org/mpki/draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-04-20040730r1.txt

If we make a rough consensus, following this discussion I would like to
review my I-D with you.

Thanks,
shima

-----
Masaki SHIMAOKA

SECOM Trust.net
Tel: +81 422 91 8498 (ext.3635); Mitaka
Tel: +81 3 5775 8661 (ext.3485); Harajuku
Fax: +81 422 45 0536
e-mail: shimaoka(_at_)secom(_dot_)ne(_dot_)jp