IETF60 SAAG Blurb

2004-08-04 13:57:05
All I need to send a short summary of what happened at the meeting to the SAAG list and present the summary at the SAAG.  Please let me know if this is an accurate summary (silence means approval):

5 RFCs published since last time: CMSbis, MSGbis, CERTbis, X400Transport, X400Wrap

2 IDs with RFC editor, both are pinned by other documents:
- PSS pinned by PKIX PSS document
- SYMKEYDIST pinned by CMC, which is turn pinned by CRMF

Outstanding drafts:
EXAMPLES - new version out next week - will go to WG LC
GOST - Editorial issues remain
KEM - Waiting for ISO and ANSI and will likely be waiting until '06.
ESSbis - Split MLA expansion history in two attributes: one to do ML expansion history and one to do receipt policy modification.  Soon to be published.

Presentations:
- Format for LTS - RFC 3216 (Format for Long Term Signatures) is being updated based on comments to ETSI base document
- Boneh-Franklin Identity Based Encryption in S/MIME - Presented an alternate to PKI in S/MIME.  It is implemented by multiple vendors and it does work.  There were concerns however some technical and some IPR based.  Prior to adopting the work the WG would like to see an individual submission to better evaluate the approach.
- S/MIME Capability PKC Extension - Wants a PKC extension to allow Adopting work in WG