RE: Charter Modification

2004-08-31 12:45:09
Sean:

With respect to the scoping words related to scext-00.txt:  It may be premature
to include the text "... stored and asserted in X.509 certificates based on
...".  Actually putting the data "in" the certificate has been raised in the
list as an issue, and including it now may raise an unnecessary red flag (esp
with PKIX).  Suggest being more generic until scext becomes more stable, eg.:

"To aid initial determination of a recipient's cryptographic and other S/MIME
related capabilities, a specification will be developed allowing these
capabilities to be distributed using method(s) in addition to that currently
specified."  or similar.

tony

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Sean P. Turner
Sent: August 30, 2004 7:42 PM
To: SMIME
Subject: Charter Modification

All,

To include Stefan's work in the working group we need to modify the working
group's charter (we also needed to update the dates anyway because some are way
off).  Attached is the proposed modification.  Please respond with any comments
by  Friday.

Cheers,

spt