Re: draft-housley-binarytime-00.txt

2004-09-01 08:30:22

The document states the rationale. No conversion to operating system representation and it is smaller. In what way do you find it limiting?

The INTEGER is not limited to four octets.  Did you read it that way?

Russ

At 10:55 AM 9/1/2004, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

>Since this WG has most of the CMS experts in it, I would appreciate review of
>the document that was posted earlier this week:  draft-housley-
>binarytime-00.txt.

Uhh... what on earth motivated this?  It's a time format that's even more
limited than UTCTime.

Peter.