RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-certcapa-02.txt

2004-12-13 18:13:37

Stefan,

I believe that I could easily justify differences in behaviors here.
However I think you need to put in some text saying that there is no
difference as to what is included and a small justification for this.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Santesson [mailto:stefans(_at_)microsoft(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 3:48 PM
To: ietf(_at_)augustcellars(_dot_)com
Cc: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-certcapa-02.txt

Thanks Jim,

I agree on 1 3 and 4 to be fixed.

I'm not so sure with 2. I think any such recommendations
should be handled in RFC 3851 where the S/MIME Capabilities
attribute is defined.
No use of this extension in certificate should differ in any
way from its use as signed attribute in S/MIME messages.

I think that it would be confusing if we started to actually
specify/recommend the attribute content in 2 separate RFCs.

Stefan Santesson
Microsoft Security Center of Excellence (SCOE)