RE: Change request for CMS

2005-01-27 14:05:09

Russ,

Yes I am just trying to name the password, I suppose that all I need for
such an identifier is really a UTF8String.  I was just trying to re-use what
was already there.

An update for this would be fine for me.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Russ
Housley
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 7:17 AM
To: jimsch(_at_)exmsft(_dot_)com
Cc: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Change request for CMS

Jim:

I can see how this helps enrollment.

Aren't you trying to name the password?  Assuming the
password is one to one and onto with the KEK, the identifier
actually names both.

For a change of this size, I think that an update to the
document (as opposed to the whole document) is appropriate.

Russ