Re: About countersignature in RFC 4134

2006-03-10 02:34:35

On Jan 26, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Russ Housley wrote:
Has anyone confirmed this issue. If it is confirmed, the WG should submit an errata to the RFC Editor.

It looks like there is a discrepancy here -- the text says:

(Countersignature by Diane)

and the signature is indeed the serial number for Alice.

Joël, in your testing did the countersignature verify with Alice's certificate?

I'm trying to figure out if the error here is the text "(Countersignature by Diane)" or the serial number of the certificate needs to be changed to Diane's. I'm presuming that it's just the text.

Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com