Re: draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth and not streaming for decode

2007-04-23 12:43:38

That's why limited block sizes are very nice, but CMS does not have a maximum content size. The intent is for the overall hardware/software solution to only reveal plaintext after it is authenticated. However, I recognize a completely generic option with no limitations is desired.

Both AES-CCM and AES-GCM have requirements that require the integrity check to be performed before the plaintext is released.

Russ