Re: Fwd from sci.crypt: Error in RFC 3217

2007-10-15 20:30:17

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 07:54:29AM +0200, Henrick Hellström wrote:
I agree; my observations don't concern the algorithm itself, but only
the effect the "example" in RFC 3217 might have on implementations of
the algorithm.

I propose the following errata to RFC 3217:

Current first paragraph of section 4.4:

This section contains a RC2 Key Wrap example. Intermediate values
corresponding to the named items in section 4.1 are given in hexadecimal.

New:

This section contains a RC2 Key Wrap example. Intermediate values
corresponding to the named items in section 4.1 are given in hexadecimal. In
this example, the effective key length parameter for the RC2 algorithm should
be 40 bits.

Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com