RE: Header Protection for S/MIME

From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Jim Schaad

All that being said, my preferred solution to this problem has
always been to place the headers to be protected into an attribute.
I have never been a fan of the embedded message approach.

Well now that 3 alternatives are on the table, I prefer Jim's
approach because a header-protection-aware receiver can use
the correct header values rather than just generating a
"something is wrong" error.

Was this ever written up in an I-D that could be resurrected,
or if not, is anyone going to write one?