FW: I-D Action:draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt

2007-12-10 14:24:15
The following draft was produced by Peter as a result of a thread on the
S/MIME list from about a year ago. The draft specifies how to use
Authenticated-Enveloped-Data type with HMAC. Since it has been a year I'd
like to gauge interest in adopting the draft in the WG. I for one think we
should address it in S/MIME.

spt

-----Original Message-----
From: Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 5:00 AM
To: i-d-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: I-D Action:draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt

directories.

        Title           : Using HMAC-authenticated Encryption in the
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
        Author(s)       : P. Gutmann
        Filename        : draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2007-12-10

This document specifies the conventions for using HMAC-authenticated
encryption with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) authenticated-
enveloped-data content type.  This mirrors the use of HMAC combined with an
encryption algorithm that's already employed in IPsec, SSL/ TLS, and SSH,
which is widely supported in existing crypto libraries and hardware, and has
been extensively analysed by the crypto community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org with the word unsubscribe in the body
of the
message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
        mailserv(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

<<< Message/External-body; name="ATT00053.dat": Unrecognized >>>

<<< Message/External-body; name="draft-gutmann-cms-hmac-enc-00.txt": Unrecognized >>>