1. I think we should mandate SHA-256 and the others should be optional.
2. We should match the curves/hashes as follows:
SHA-256 matches P-256
SHA-384 matches P-384
SHA-512 matches P-521
3. No reason I missed it.
From: Jim Schaad [mailto:jimsch(_at_)nwlink(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:58 AM
To: Sean P. Turner
Subject: Review of RFC 3278 Update
Sean, a couple of comments.
1. I think you need to look at updating section 5. Which of
the hash algorithms are considered to be mandatory to
implement for ECDSA?
2. I don't know if there is any degree of tie-in between the
set of ECC curves and the hash algorithms being specified. I
know there are some correspondences for DSA. I believe that
this should be stated either way, potentially as a security
3. Is there a reason that you have not updated section 7?