Fwd: NIST Identity-Based Encryption Workshop- Registration Deadline Approaching

2008-05-07 07:23:16

Folks,

My apologies for a brief advertisement...

I am forwarding this workshop announcement since IBE documents are currently progressing through one of the security area working groups, and because I am always anxious to see the needs of the Internet community considered by NIST in our standardization activities. Attendance is one way to ensure your voice is heard. If you have a strong opinion about IBE and are unable to attend, please let me know so
I can pass it along!

Note that the early registration fee is only available through the end of the week.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrew Regenscheid <andrew(_dot_)regenscheid(_at_)nist(_dot_)gov>
Date: May 6, 2008 4:08:35 PM EDT
To: Multiple recipients of list <ibe(_at_)nist(_dot_)gov>
Subject: NIST Identity-Based Encryption Workshop- Registration Deadline Approaching

Applications of Pairing-Based Cryptography: Identity-Based Encryption and Beyond
June 3-4, 2008
NIST, Gaithersburg, MD

The early registration deadline is approaching! Please join us at the workshop and help NIST direct its future work on identity-based encryption.

This workshop brings together academia, government and industry to explore innovative and practical applications of pairing-based cryptography. Pairings have been used to create identity-based encryption schemes, but are also a powerful tool for solving other cryptographic problems. We hope to encourage the development of new security applications and communication between researchers, developers and users. In addition to presentations, the workshop will facilitate panel discussions among invited experts and workshop participants. NIST will seek guidance from workshop presenters, panelists and attendees to direct its future work in this area of cryptography, including possible standards work.

Dr. Matt Franklin, co-inventor of one of the original identity- based encryption schemes, will be presenting a keynote address entitled "An Introduction to Identity Based Encryption." Dr. Brent Waters will be presenting a keynote address entitled "Functional Encryption: Beyond Public Key Cryptography." The workshop program also includes two panel discussions and 13 presentations from researchers from around the world. The complete agenda has been posted at http://www.nist.gov/ibe.

The early registration deadline for the NIST Applications of Pairing Based Cryptography workshop is quickly approaching. The registration fee is $110 until May 10th, and $145 until May 27th. Please note that these fees have been reduced due to NIST no longer being able to provide food and beverages. Voltage Security and Trend Micro will be sponsoring the morning and afternoon breaks. However, each attendee will be responsible for his/her own lunch. NIST has a full-service cafeteria adjacent to the Green Auditorium. Please note the cafeteria does not take any credit or debit cards. Please be prepared with cash.

More details on the workshop are available at http://www.nist.gov/ibe