RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-sha2-08.txt

From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org [mailto:owner-ietf-
smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Turner, Sean P.
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 2:09 PM
To: 'Jim Schaad'
Cc: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-sha2-08.txt

Jim,

1. I was just following the conventions for SHA-1.  I take it you're
suggesting we should break with those conventions?

Yes we break with that convention.

2. I copied the last paragraph in 3.2 from RFC 4055 section 5.

These need to be kept as is, we pulled this forward from somebody else who
messed it up.  We can't change this.

spt