Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-sha2-09

2008-10-14 08:08:00

Folks,
I have already followed up the new version draft-ietf-smime-sha2-09
and reported off-list a single small typo, which could easily be
fixed at a later stage in the publication process.

Otherwise, all concerns I had raised in the past have been
addressed in a satisfactory manner, and the draft is in a
very good shape now.
Although not acknowledged in the draft, it has seen substantial
discussion on- and off-list, and as far as I can see, all concerns
raised on the list have been resolved as well.

Thus, I support forwarding this draft for publication;
it serves as a Normative Reference for the S/MIME v3.2 Message
Specification WG draft (draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-08) already
forwarded to the IESG, and hence is needed as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

--

| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |