RE: draft-ietf-smime-3278bis-03 incremental review

2008-11-14 13:46:51

Alfred,

I should have a version that incorporates all of you changes by the end of
next week.

spt

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Alfred
HÎnes
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:51 PM
To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: draft-ietf-smime-3278bis-03 incremental review

Folks,
I have performed another (incremental) review of
     draft-ietf-smime-3278bis-03
and I apologize that it could not be completed in time.
Nevertheless, I hope it will still be useful.

The only significant proposal I have is based on the
observation that the change information vs. RFC 3278 has grown
to an extent that it better should be moved to the end of the
document (new Appendix B ?).
The carefully collected information there should be kept in
this detail for historical record, and to educate implementors
tackling software updates, but it now seems to over-stress the
basic character of an Introduction.

Beyond that, I found a bunch of editorials that will be sent
off-list (ASAP, I hope tomorrow), after a final cross-checking
with Sean's summary posted on 6 Nov 2008 (to remove potential
redundancy).

My primary conclusion is that the draft should go ahead after
the next minor polishing update to address the comments.

Sean and Dan: please still be patient for the details to come.

Kind regards,
 Alfred HÎnes.

--

| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |