Re: A contradiction between RFC3852 and RFC3278

2009-03-13 21:17:36

Maxim,

I don't have any objection to adding the note to draft-smime-3278bis.

spt

Maxim Masiutin wrote:
Hello Sean,

In all CMS messages that I’ve seen, when RSA algorithm is used, SignatureAlgorithm in
the SignerInfo is rsaEncryption, not md5WithRSAEncryption. That’s why it made
confusion when I was implementing elliptic curves.
Maybe, if an update of RFC3852 is planned, we will add a clarification for this?
Also, while RFC3278-bis is in the draft status, what about adding a
clarification that hash in SignatureAlgorithm and DigestAlgorithm must match?