Re: CMS attributes question

2009-03-19 02:02:42

Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

Unrecognized attributes are ignored.  RFC 3852 requires support for the
content type and message digest attributes, but all others can be ignored if
they are not recognized.

In addition handling of content-type seems to be pretty hit-and-miss, I've
seen messages created by different implementations that have no content-type
and nothing seems to mind (well, my code did which is why I noticed it :-) but
there don't seem to have been sufficient problems caused by other
implementations complaining that the developers felt the need to fix things.

Peter.