Re: SMIME report (IETF 75)

2009-08-09 08:14:34

Folks,

This may be too late (we are not sure whether the comment was sent in earlier or not), or may already have been dealt with.

However, a colleague has checked the ASN.1 and reports:

"I have reviewed draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1-05.txt and      also
draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-05.txt
because the smime IMPORTS from that. Everything seems to be OK. I have only one
comment about
draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-05.txt: in three places in OID values "member-body" is
misspelled
as "memberBody".

Jean-Paul."

John L

Sean Turner wrote:

The SMIME WG did not meet in Stockholm.

We have 8 IDs. Since the last meeting, 5 IDs have entered the RFC editor's queue raising the number of SMIME WG IDs with the RFC editor to 7:

- draft-ietf-smime-multisig
- draft-ietf-smime-sha2
- draft-ietf-smime-3850bis
- draft-ietf-smime-3850bis
- draft-ietf-smime-3278bis
- draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1
- draft-ietf-smime-3852bis

All of the documents are pinned on documents from PKIX, the TLP revisions, or both.

A new version of draft-ietf-smime-rsa-kem was posted to address comments made by Steve Kent during his SECDIR review. We issued a 2nd WGLC because the revisions were pretty substantial. One set of comments, which I would categorize as minor, was received during the 2nd WGLC. A new version will be posted, and then the document will passed to Tim Polk.

Once all the documents have been published we will initiate the procedure to shut down the WG.

spt

--
  Prof John Larmouth
  Larmouth T&PDS Ltd