[smime] FW: New Version Notification for draft-schaad-smime-aed-rant-00

2010-11-23 21:41:07
Paul beat me to this, as I was planning to add some additional text.

This draft will be of some interest to the people on the list, however I should
probably give some additional details.

I am planning to submit this draft to the Independent submissions editor as an
independent submission.  As such I expect the draft to reflect my personal
opinions rather than that of either the IETF as a whole or the working group
specifically.  That being said would really like to get input from others to
help both sharpen my text and deal with any additional arguments that I missed.
 I have started a new review of the mailing list from the time and notice that
I should add the fact that having the authenticated attributes in two locations
was suggested but generally opposed.  Other such issues would be welcome either
from that time or even currently.

Additionally you will notice that I have left open a section for rebuttals,
before publishing I will put out a call to the group (and individually to Russ)
for the opportunity to get text included in the draft in this section if
desired.  If you want to give me text or suggestions before that point I am
more than happy to get them now rather than later.

I hope to get a review of the document and get it off to the ISE by Prague.

Jim