Re: [smime] A bit better operational practice?

2013-07-31 09:27:02
Hi Anders.

Thank you for your comments.

Personally I consider S/MIME a useless standard, there's to my
knowledge no
plans making it better either.
S/MIME is already used by Some banks and corporations and is actually
useful for guaranteeing integlity of their messages.
I would like to contribute to parties who are using or providing S/MIME.

The parameters you mention has no meaning except to crypto-nerds.
Thank you for the precious opinion.
I also think that too detailed information on parameters of cryptgraphic
primitives does not have no meaning.

However, signature generated by compromised key cannot guarantee
integrity of message.
I think that it is valuable to gather and organize minimum required
information about it.
What do you think about it?

Here is something I'm working with to make the web an alternative to
S/MIME:
http://webpki.org/papers/PKI/pki-webcrypto.pdf

Thank you for interesting information.

Best regards,