[smime] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02.txt

2014-01-15 08:07:24
Hi,
I've posted a new version of the document describing how MSA/MTA can sign/encrypt messages with S/MIME. This is effectively an update to Experimental RFC 3183. Changes from RFC 3183 are:

1) The draft only includes domain signatures from RFC 3183 (i.e. Additional Attributes Signatures and Review Signatures are not mentioned). 2) Naming conventions for X.509 certificates were simplified. Unlike RFC 3183, subject names of domain signing/encrypting X.509 certificates don't have to have a specific form. But Subject Alternative Names need to include URIs for domain being protected.
3) Incorporated erratum 3757 resolution.
4) Updated references and some minor editorial corrections.

I would be happy to hear comments/see reviews of the draft.

Thank you,
Alexey

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        I-D Action: draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02.txt
Date:   Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:36:39 -0800
From:   internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
To:     i-d-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

        Title           : MSA and MTA S/MIME signing & encryption
        Authors         : William Ottaway
                          Alexey Melnikov
        Filename        : draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02.txt
        Pages           : 20
        Date            : 2014-01-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies how S/MIME signing and encryption can be
   applied between a Message Submission Agent (MSA) and a Message
   Delivery Agent (MDA) or between 2 Message Transfer Agents (MTA).

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-melnikov-smime-msa-to-mda-02

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/