Re: [smime] [pkix] stuff in ITU-T SG17 meeting relating to X509, cms, and S/MME

2014-09-17 13:56:47

Thanks Tony,

I've a question.

To sample this, I opened one of the files in the attachment
(TD1275) which seems to both reproduce a lot of CMS RFC text
and to extend that without (I guess?) having asked anyone who
implements CMS. If that is the case, that'd seem really dumb.
I don't recall any relevant liaison nor have I heard of such
work being wanted.

My question is: am I being unfair in the above or are the
authors of that actually in touch with folks who implement
CMS?

Other folks - if you care about ITU-T work that could overlap
with IETF work or with your code, you might want to take a
look here. (Or decide to just ignore the whole thing as
irrelevant enough to be harmless I guess.)

Cheers,
S.